Friday, January 2, 2009

The scale has never been my friend.

Well I've never been good friends with my scale, ever really. We have a distant relationship.. I love hate relationship too. I hate it actually. Well I havent weighed myself since I'd say August. Well yesterday was the day I decided to see where I'm actually starting at.. And so. The number I got was a bit higher than I expected but..

226.5

Sigh. Depressing. The highest weight I've ever been in my life. I remember being on a diet over 3 years ago and finally getting to my lowest of 138.5 and couldn't get any lower. I felt like such a fat ass, so imagine what I feel like today. However, I didn't get here overnight, so I shouldn't expect to drop 100 pounds over night. I just can't believe I let myself to get this overweight and never have someone tell me "hey Lisa- you've gained some weight huh?" I think that would of pushed me off the edge to actually look at myself naked in the mirror and want to change what I actually saw. But nope, I get to 226.5 before actually realizing my fat.. short (Only 5'2"!) self needed to stop eating.

Anyway, back onto positive thoughts. Yesterday and today I have ate more healthy than usual. I haven't been snacking as much and if I am snacking, I'm having fruit.. like oranges! I figure I'm going to start gradually rather than a big BAM you can't have anything you like anymore.. you know? Because I've done that before and ended up back where I started. So that isn't any good. So I'm starting slow.. slow and steady wins the race.. right?!..... RIGHT?!

I also haven't exercised.. In..... um... yea YEARS! So I figured I'd also start slow there and work myself up. I decided to break out the old Wii Fit.. To which I've used once in the year I've had it. The fit also decided to let me know that I'm an obese lard ass. However it did give me a good workout.. since I haven't worked out in so long.. Practically walking up the stairs twice is a workout for me. So I did some of the stepping and the running in the park exercises. I did it for an hour.. well I felt it today in my legs! Wowza. But yea, It felt good at the same time as feeling bad getting off my butt and doing something.. is better than laying around. So I figure I'll do that for a little while.. working myself up and then start getting on the treadmill.

Also, today was sort of kinda rough. A few months ago (3!) my teeth started to bother me and figured it was my wisdom teeth deciding to bother me.. (I'm 22, they should of bothered me years ago! Not show up now!!) But so I made an appointment for TODAY (The only time I have off from both school and work) to get them out.. I talked to the nurse or whatever lady in scrubs is over 4 times since those 3 months ago each time she reassured me that all the paper work was complete and ready to go! (I needed medical clearance from my primary doctor) I get there, in the chair.. hooked up to the monitors and they THEN inform me that my primary doctor never gave consent for me to have IV sedation!!!! I was FUMINGGGGG! But needless to say my fuming did not get me anywhere and now I'll have to take time off from work later in the month to have them removed because of THEIR MISTAKE. They couldnt even admit that it was their fault. Assholes!

Anyway, happy new year to you all!

1 comment:

  1. Don't even get me started on Dentists/Doctors! :) That 226.5 is just a starting point. You won't be there much longer as you start losing weight! :)

    ReplyDelete